Fine Arts Celebration Weekend
Get Ready for The Concert of All Concerts!
The weekend of May 2-3, 2014 will be the culminating 50th anniversary event as we celebrate the fine arts as no one but WCS can! Friday evening kicks off the weekend with casual coffee house performances and social time. A magnificent sculpture will be unveiled on campus as permenant rembrance of our 50 years. The whole family will love this musical extravaganza featuring our own accomplished Collegiate alumni from around the world plus current talented students! Your toes will be tapping to the greatest hits from Collegiate performances past, including...
Les Miserables, Into the Woods, Jekyll & Hyde, Aida, Little Shop of Horrors,and much more! Tickets are $25 and include the Show plus Afterglow Cast Party, all at the beautiful Orpheum Theatre in downtown Wichita. Tickets go on sale March 1st through Select-A-Seat, 855.755.7328 or www.selectaseat.com. Like us on Facebook to get the latest news on performers!
50th Anniversary Campaign
As we mark the 50th anniversary of Wichita Collegiate School and plan for a year of celebrations, we are also looking ahead to the future. Our school is here because of the vision of its founders and the drive and commitment of countless families who were dedicated to its success. To ensure the next 50 years of graduates are as well-prepared as today’s graduates, we are launching the 50th Anniversary Campaign of Wichita Collegiate School. The 50th Anniversary Campaign includes two components: the Bunny Hill 50th Anniversary Endowment and the Campus Master Plan.
Bunny Hill 50th Anniversary Endowment - – focusing on our endowment will provide the resources needed to ensure Collegiate’s long-term sustainability. A commitment to the Bunny Hill 50th Anniversary Endowment is an affirmation of belief in the school, its mission, and its place within the larger Wichita community. Focus areas of the Endowment are:
• Faculty Excellence - We all know that great teaching requires great teachers. To ensure that WCS is able to attract the best educators, we need to be an outstanding employer offering attractive compensation and benefit packages, as well as provide meaningful professional development opportunities to our faculty. This investment in our faculty directly benefits each and every Collegiate student.
• Technological Innovation - To position our students for the opportunities of tomorrow requires an investment in the use and implementation of technology in the classroom. WCS will require ongoing investments for years to come in the area of technology, placing powerful tools in the hands of students and teachers to ensure we remain at the forefront of Wichita education.
• Tuition Assistance - Collegiate has a long tradition of investing in need-based opportunities for academically talented students. A student population that reflects the broader Wichita community benefits all of our students and makes Collegiate a better institution. Need-based tuition assistance has created life-changing opportunities for many students, and creates a vibrant student body.
• Opportunity and Sustainability - To ensure that WCS is well-positioned to weather unforeseen challenges we must develop an adequate base of resources. Other schools of similar size as Collegiate have endowments of $18-74 Million, while Collegiate’s current endowment is only $4 Million.
Campus Master Plan -
these funds will secure new and renovated facilities to maintain our beautiful campus and enable ongoing educational leadership. Key elements of the Campus Master Plan are:
• Stadium Complex - This $3.2 Million state-of-the art complex was completed in the Fall of 2011 and is enjoyed by thousands of students each year. Supporting the Stadium project will provide a maintenance fund to secure the future care of this beautiful new facility, including the artificial turf surface, regulation track, home and guest bleachers, and concession stand.
• Wellness and Fitness Center - Construction of this large, cutting-edge weight/training room in the Upper School building began in July of 2013 and is scheduled to be completed in Fall of 2013. The Center will house a brand new weight room for middle and upper school students, an artificial turf surface for training, a comprehensive sound system, new and reconfigured locker rooms, and more, and will better meet our current and future needs.
• Upper School HVAC System - Replacing the 20+ year old HVAC system will ensure an optimal learning environment while improving energy efficiency. The system is scheduled for completion in 2014.
• Rounds Fine Arts Center - Renovating this multi-purpose, high-use facility in 2014 will add a long-awaited handicapped elevator, additional space to the small kitchen, and eight testing/tutoring rooms, while ensuring a more user friendly and pleasing interior.
Announcing the book that tells the story of Collegiate
H ave you ever wondered – how did Wichita Collegiate School come to be? Whose hands built this dream? Whose ideas created the culture, the ideals, and the environment? Who saw the vision and believed so strongly that they breathed life into an institution that would teach and guide and love our precious children for over five decades and beyond?
Wichita Collegiate Schools first definitive written history, “The First 50 Years, Wichita Collegiate School, The Past, The Present, The Promise” is filled with a rich snapshot of the school’s heritage. Anyone who has been a part of the Collegiate family over the decades will enjoy this treasure – today and for many years to come. It is a story that all of us who love Collegiate can enjoy and relate to. The book includes the following chapters:
• The Present
• The Past: Parents Pursuing the Dream
• The Community: Becoming a School Family
• The Collegiate Bookshelf
• The Academic Life: Love of Learning
• The Arts: What it Means to be Human
• Athletics: The Thrill of the Game
• The Promise
Celebrate Wichita Collegiate School's 50th Anniversary with this limited edition, hardcover coffee table book. Authored by Bunny Hill, this book tells the story of our beloved school in over 150 pages of full color photos, accomplishments, and memories. The book tells your stories - the stories of students, alumni, parents, teachers, faculty members.
The book is still available. Order one today. A vareity of pick-up times will be offered or you can have the book shipped to you for an additional $11 per book.
CLICK HERE TO ORDER
We would love to hear your stories and memories of your years at Collegiate!